Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I see so acro's listed as deep water ones, does this meen they have less light requirements then others? I have some spots that are not right under the light and were considering putting a deepwater one in those places!

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
deepwater is usually a thinner more delicate branched acropora species found in more protected areas of the reef with less wave action, such as lagoons, protected reef backs and slopes, or deep water sandy environments, where they are not exposed to the intense wave action and higher UV penetration, but that's not to say that in our reef tanks they should be kept in lower light, many hobbyist have found they do fine and color up nicely in higher light

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
deepwater is usually a thinner more delicate branched acropora species found in more protected areas of the reef with less wave action, such as lagoons, protected reef backs and slopes, or deep water sandy environments, where they are not exposed to the intense wave action and higher UV penetration, but that's not to say that in our reef tanks they should be kept in lower light, many hobbyist have found they do fine and color up nicely in higher light

Man you goooooood

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0

they do fne in higher light and color up but do they also do well and color up on the lower level of the tank?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: