jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
anybody have luck with them? i got a bunch and they just melt away if i get reg zoos no problems at all
does anybody have the same problem?:letitallo

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I have been VERY successful with them in my holding tank some of them is like a year and grow, stick on almost anything and anywhere including at the grid of the powerhead. Some loose colonies flipped upside down for a month and still looking great when I found out.

What region are yours? Mine are Japanese.

emps

Tired Member
Rating - 97.8%
45   1   0
I have been VERY successful with them in my holding tank some of them is like a year and grow, stick on almost anything and anywhere including at the grid of the powerhead. Some loose colonies flipped upside down for a month and still looking great when I found out.

What region are yours? Mine are Japanese.

Don't forget my frag when I pick up the LED moonlights from you on Saturday (if I don't get stuck in traffic) :)

G

Goodspeed98

Rating - 100%
222   0   0
actually i have kindda of the same problem when i was in Il ,and i have just fixed it by accidentally which is really so headache ,

LiquidSky

Lost Norwegian reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nice trick to reverse the melting situation is to use Vit C in the form of pH-stabilized ascorbate (ascorbic acid drops the pH quite a bit).

In Norwegian its called natriumsaskorbat, which I think is called sodium-ascorbate in English, but correct me if Im wrong. The american pharmacies are usually much bigger than here, so you can probably buy it at the nearest one.

A stroken (small) teaspoon for 100 gals is what I have been using. But start gently and increase over 2-3 weeks.

Edit: yeah, and its even better to dose less 2-3 times a day if you got the time. The vit c is just active for a few hours in the tank.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
if you get the African ones like the fake blue hornet, good luck.
if you get the real blue/purple hornet from Indonesia, I was told they are easy. I never owned the real blue hornet-too poor. LOL

do you have a pic of yours so that other zoa pimps can chime in what yours need.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: