Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I don't think YouTube is the primary reason. YouTube vids were around when I started, but connecting with people in the hobby was important to me. I think people are not so interested in or have the time to really connect at the moment for various reasons, and that goes beyond the hobby. Plus, we have new threads every now and again where people ask for advice and they sometimes barely get responses if any. In my opinion, even the swaps were being affected by the loss of community. My first few swaps people were checking out my name tag and engaging in conversation.

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
This is a great point. I used to be in the hobby and just returned after 10 years or so maybe. id have to look up my last posts. I came back to the forums only because I knew it was here from when I was in the hobby before, but the activity halted. If I didn’t know about forums or MR or whatever this is called now, I’d be all YouTube. I think anyone new getting into the hobby would have the same mindset.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: