• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Frank A.1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever used or heard of Bima direct live rock? Has anyone done business with Bluezoo Aquatics? They emailed me and said that the Bima rock was THE replacement for Marshall Island live rock. ?????? Livestockusa told me that Vanuatu live rock is as good or better than Marshall Island rock. ?????

Thanks for any help,
Frank A.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bima rock is the closest to Marshalls I've seen. IMO, Marshalls is still the better (looking) rock. Bima has the thick branching structures of Marshalls, but Marshalls is more knarled and has better coloration (rich purple vs Bima's bright pink, which is commonplace). Vanuatu rock isn't anything like Marshalls. It's closer to Tongan shelf rock IMO.

These are all fine rock. It's just a matter of preference. Marshalls is still king IMO.

FWIW, I really like my Totoka rock

Saltlick

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could help you with the BZA question, but with the caveat that I have not used them for rock ever.
BUT, I used them for one reason. There was a fight in some thread here in the "industry" forum where
someone was in a hollering contest becasue of BZA's ownership and undercutting his B and M and blablabla
and he came off as such a d#*K that I said, "any enemy of his......." It was just that kind of whim.
But I digress. I have ordered from them three times, and not had any REAL complaints. They shorted me
on a snail species in my cleanup package, they sent me a green hard coral of some unknown type when
I ordered a Monti-digi in that color morph, but they have also hooked me up right on some non-WYSIWYG
stuff. Thier stuff comes packed right for travel and I get it the next day. I can't complain loudly, but if
they perform on rock the way they do with animals, I'd say they can be trusted.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: