NYCTURBO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Not to sure what's happening in my tank I've had 1 small fish disappear about 3weeks ago cannot find him? now my hippo tang has now disappeared he was around 2 inches not too easy to miss but I cant seem to find him for day 2 now any ideas?

Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
My swallowtail jump into the overflow the other day my wife thought it jump out of the tank and couldn't find it. When I got home I looked all over and found it in the overflow, it took me a 1/2 hour to get him out

NYCTURBO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I looked all over last night with a led light for him no sign. he was perfectly healthy 2 days ago eating like a pig and very active. what is recommended to move all the rock work until I find him? because that's my plan right now is that stupid. my water condition is fine?

sgdcover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
How big is your tank? I think it's worth moving the rock work and pulling him out. If you leave him in there the body will decompose and add junk to the tank.

They can be really shaky though... it might have been scared really bad and is hiding out. If you move the rocks make sure you don't crush him- they'll wedge themselves in really good.

NYCTURBO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Found him dead tonight the shrimp had him guess it's my own fault. But I still don't understand did the sailfin tang stress him out so much that he killed him? did some homework found out the new addition to the tank is aggressive towards other tangs only but is mostly a peaceful with other fish also recommend was a very large tank. time for an upgrade. 180-220-265 coming very soon.

sgdcover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Could be, but you had another fish "disappear" not long ago too right? If so you may have another problem.

Depends on size of tank. How recent was the sail fin added? What size tank is it? Most tangs will be aggressive to each other and hippos are probably one of the more dociles. Also, hippos and sailfins are less similar physically and you added the sailfin afterward.

It's possible the sail fin went at it, but I suspect you have something else going on. We need more deets:

Tank size
All critters
When most recent were added
How long was the hippo missing?
What did the body look like? Any torn fins? Other marks?
Etc

Aquadicted

Bill Goody Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
Found him dead tonight the shrimp had him guess it's my own fault. But I still don't understand did the sailfin tang stress him out so much that he killed him? did some homework found out the new addition to the tank is aggressive towards other tangs only but is mostly a peaceful with other fish also recommend was a very large tank. time for an upgrade. 180-220-265 coming very soon.

Sorry to hear man... that always sucks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: