kkaz642

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok so I bought a new led light kit I bought a 24 led kit . For my 12 gallon nano cube . The difference between the 12 & 24 was 30$ so I went with more figured if I didn't use them all id have spares...

So I have 10 whites ,10 royal blue, 2 purple uv, and 2 red

So what's the best setup and how Many LEDs should I use any advise is welcome I'm new to the led scene but I know I can build them.

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
you won't need lenses for that small tank. I have 8 in mine 5 RB and 3 CW. I think it's more than enough. are you retrofitting this into your stock hood?

here's mine:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1332855742.154008.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1332855742.154008.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 419
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
It all depends on what drivers you have and are they dimmable.
If you buy them in a kit form, I assume you have instructions already. Follow manufacturers instruction is generally very safe to start with.
If you piece the kit together yourself, let us know what hardware you have so then we can help you better.

Pics would help.

Last edited:

NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
How many drivers do you have?

I would assume 2.

Which will allow for 2 strings.

I would put all blue. With the purple. On 1 string. I would do 13 without maxing out the string. 2 purple, 11 blue.

I would put the red dead center but on the string of whites. Also 13 less total.

Think of it this way. You will never run them full power anyway. Might as well have the option to put them on another tank later.

I have a kit on my nano. It's
3 rows of 6 LEDs. So 18 LEDs on a 6 gal tank. Always keep it about 50-60%

Thanx
-Joe

Last edited:

DarkenReef

Reefer Madness
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
awesome kit. i just checked it out and im gonna go with the 14 dimmable kit for my 10 gal. but im gonna use 2 power cords so i can time them. finally got the led dilemma out the way.

from what i've read and seen setting them up. i would go with the most leds since you have em to cover all angles in the tank so you dont have any dark spots from rocks or w.e. and if you have to much light thats were the dimmer comes in to give you that perfect balance so bleaching doesnt occur. planning makes perfect. draw it out till you find out what works best for your set up and ask away lol

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I just ordered the same kit, love late night shopping lol I will follow everyone's advice and run all 24 but on 50% power. If I mount the lights 10' above my tank, how long should I have these LED's on day/night white/blue?

kkaz642

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'll look it up later I used the 2 fans that come stock in the nano hood and moded it. The kit comes with a fan and an Ac adapter.

So I took the Ac adaptor and connected it to the positive and negitive on the nano circuit board. The wattage is perfect then drilled into the heat sync and mounted the 2 LEDs that the nano had stock to use as moonlights. I'll post pictures later

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: