Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hey all,

Im looking to rip out the stock lighting on my RSM for LED's. Pretty much im trying to get an idea on parts needed for my requirements. Basically how many LED's would be needed to start? I was looking at the LUXEON led's. I read i would need white and royal blue. Is there a certain model recommended?

Any recommendation on where to obtain parts? From my reading it looks like i would need an LED Driver, Some kind of head sink, etc.

I've seen people adding fans to their nano cubes for cooling but would the stock lighting cooling fans be adequate on the RSM? or would i need to add?

Another thought i was thinking was at the moment the RSM as an analog timer to turn the lights on and off. I would absolutely like to tap into that to have it auto but is it possible to have the lighting auto dim the blue on - then the white - then reverse to simulate Sunrise/Sunset. I cant imagine the analog timer being able to do that, but how about with the purchase of the RK Lite?

Any information would GREATLY be appreciated.

Thanks!

thesauce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Nanotuners.com have recently added LED DIY kits for most nano's and have individual components as well. Ebay has some LED sheets etc that look interesting, but I'd be skeptical with these as there is no data provided for output on these. Nanotuners includes all par ratings etc.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: