JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I dont see why not, they're stainless steel so they wont rust- bone cutters that are in frag kits are stainless as well. The price is CRAZY low but hey maybe just stockpiled and they need to get rid of them. I would just make sure when you get them in person make sure the word stainless- or stainless steel is stamped somewhere in the metal.

Last edited:

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
lol this would be for my JBJ Picotope

maybe this isn't good, i was looking at another one they have for sale and it says "Stainless steel TIPS"

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
These are the curved ones I got:
03682fa34d55b3484fefd776e84b87bb.image.500x500.jpg

This is just one the ones I have.
I got mine from TBAquatics.com, but I believe Josh sometimes has them. Check with him.
You can also get them from several different vendors here.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
FWIW there are different grades of Stainless Steel. They do not specify the type of SS these tweezers are made of...which is suspect.

Stainless Steel is not rust proof, its rust resistant. Different grades of stainless are more/less prone to rusting.

In a nutshell, they should be safe to use, but there is not much guarantee they will not rust.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Stainless Steel is not rust proof, its rust resistant. Different grades of stainless are more/less prone to rusting... but there is not much guarantee they will not rust.
Whenever I go to LA, I stop to see many wholesalers and retailers there...everyone stores their 'stainless' fragging tools in saltwater, to prevent (delay?) rusting!

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
316SS is a common standard marine grade. It is a higher grade of stainless steel.
It all depends on what grade you are talking about.
Corrosion starts when metal is exposed to oxygen in the air through electrolysis. If you keep it submerged it won't rust as quickly because there is less oxygen, but it will still rust. I had SS dive knives that would corrode yet I see SS screws on my mag drive pump housing. They still haven't started to corrode after years of use.

I rinse tweezers off after using them and they look brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: