Dj Orion

Advanced Reefer
What happened? I took a little break from reefing and now the DBTC is dead? All the chains got broken? In this economy I would have figured that ppl would be all over the DBTC in order to diversify their collections and not have to spend money, while helping out another reefer. Can we restart the rings, if somone on the last post dropped the ball? Or should we just make a new thread? Lets motivate ppl.:splitspin

Dj Orion

Advanced Reefer
No your supposed to give away a frag of something to someone else on this board in return for them to frag the SAME coral later on (when it grows bigger) to give to someone else. so on and so forth

It can also work where if you post a coral that you are giving away and somone picks it up from you. That person will then post a new coral that someone new will pick up from them. People continue to post corals and new people continue to pick them up and post new ones. The cycle continues, and helps reefers to spread diversity into their own tanks, as well as others.

see the sticky on the forum link for more info.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
My opinion and only MY OPINION is that some of the rules/requirements got a little out of hand. I thought this was supposed to be an easy thing to get people to propagate corals to ease the demand on the reefs instead alot of peoples requirements made it more difficult to grow the thing instead of going out and buying one. It was getting to the point that people were dang near requiring you to stand on your head for an hour each day and dance the hokey pokey while doing it. Also you had the horders swooping in and putting dibs on everything instead of sharing the wealth. That put a damper on things in so many other ways. If the req's/ rules would ease up and people would spread the wealth and take only what they really want I think this might come back better than ever.

Again Just MY OPINION please nobody quit because of my statement because it is only MY OPINION.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
i HAVE A NICE PIECE OF POM POM XENIA, From pablo (The Xenia King) if anyone is interested. This xenia will not take over your tank, and its beautiful.

Whats up DJ. Good To See You around. Hows married Life.......

B

bannshy

My opinion and only MY OPINION is that some of the rules/requirements got a little out of hand. I thought this was supposed to be an easy thing to get people to propagate corals to ease the demand on the reefs instead alot of peoples requirements made it more difficult to grow the thing instead of going out and buying one. It was getting to the point that people were dang near requiring you to stand on your head for an hour each day and dance the hokey pokey while doing it. Also you had the horders swooping in and putting dibs on everything instead of sharing the wealth. That put a damper on things in so many other ways. If the req's/ rules would ease up and people would spread the wealth and take only what they really want I think this might come back better than ever.

Again Just MY OPINION please nobody quit because of my statement because it is only MY OPINION.

I am from Utah and we are in the process of introducing DBTC to our club. While researching we found Zepplock (a BAR member) and he has a site for tracking DBTC trades. We had a number of concerns including the ones mentioned in the above post. Zepplock's site allows you to manage the trades and monitor who has donated what, how many donations vs received frags and deceased. Also whomever you decide you want to moderate the site will have access to reports showing an this information.

Please contact him, http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/dont-break-chain/56340-dbtc-tracking.html, it will simplify managing this.

Also as DBTC-IC grows this will be added into the site.

Jeremy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: