Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you hate it when you see something that you really want at your lfs but can't get it! That's what happened to me yet again yesterday. My lfs had the perfect size Achilles Tang. It was eating extremely well, no signs of ich, no scratch marks, and it was very alert. I haven't seen an Achilles Tang here in Canada for almost 2 years now and I really wanted to get it, BUT I know my Yellow Tang would beat him up.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swap the yellow out with a friend and get the Achilles. :D

The yellow's can be murderous little animals. I put 4 small (coin size) regals in with a 3"regal and 3"yellow. In less than a minute the yellow had carved up the new regals-I barely had time to get down from the ladder! 8O The big regal had been in with the yellow for some years and still lives comfortably with him.

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, I like my Yellow Tang too much. Plus the price on the Achilles Tang has doubled since I last saw one. My lfs is asking $195 for it! I'll wait for the price to go back down. One day I'll get one though!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not yet set up with my new tank and saw a gorgeous bright orange and red Blasto in a LFS. I was playing with the idea of paying for it and seeing if they'd keep it for me for a month or two and then it got sold, solving my dilemma. :x

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that feeling, I stopped going to my LFS. My tank just has no room. I have corals litering the bottom, and acro frags I have no where to glue. I just stopped bothering going cause I know I cant help my self. FWIW Achilles are my favorite tang as well, but I already have a yellow, sailfin and sohal so its a no go for me as well.

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do the things we want only come in after we've given up looking for them?! That's what happened with this tang. I was looking for an Achilles Tang this past fall and then gave up because I didn't think I'd find one after searching store after store. I bought a Yellow Tang in January. It's now six months later and the Achilles Tang is within my grasp but I can't get it!

That's actually a really good strategy Ben, not going to the lfs anymore. I can't do that. I need to see what's available, even if those things aren't available to me :P

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: