iseeweed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, work with me on this. Has anyone ever tried dosing dry 2 part directly into the sump? The amount of CA I dose daily would only amount to a pinch of Ca carbonate and Soda ash. I was thinking the dry CA carbonate, and soda ash could probably be dosed using an auto fish feeder or something, just a thought. :roll:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iseeweed":p0fblynt said:
Ok, work with me on this. Has anyone ever tried dosing dry 2 part directly into the sump? The amount of CA I dose daily would only amount to a pinch of Ca carbonate and Soda ash. I was thinking the dry CA carbonate, and soda ash could probably be dosed using an auto fish feeder or something, just a thought. :roll:

hopefully you mean calcium chloride not cacium carbonate. The later will not dissolve at normal pH levels.

I have not tried dosing dry but would not recommend it. Much easier and more accurate to dissolve then drip the weaker solution into the sump. Just make sure you keep the two parts seperated enough so you don't get precipitate.

my .02

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: