• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

1QuickSubaru

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just wondering if they are rare or not... does anyone know what a typical frag will cost and how many polyps they usually have? ALso how much is a big colony go for? I'm looking to get some if they are rare...lol

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
"Rare" in this hobby usually is just a selling term. The only truly "rare" items are ones that:
1. Are hard to get on this side of the planet due to them only being located in a place that's not handing out cites permits.
2. Someone has done some clever marketing causing the demand to skyrocket.

Favia is a good example. On some sites a palm sized colony is $15 whereas on other sites it's RARE LE watermellon Favia! $120 for a quarter sized piece. It's the same coral.

Zoas go in and out as far as being the "hot" coral of the month. Usually what's rare won't be by the time you get it to grow out. Usually speaking any "hot" coral won't be "in" by the time it's grown out. Acans were big but now only the Aussie ones are. Duncans were big but now they're pretty cheap and available, same with Dendros. Micros were also big for a minute but are coming down. Blastos were crazy a while back and now they're pretty cheap. etc.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
zoopics012.jpg

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Since I am a big fan of zoas and palys... I have seen these around.. the colony alone goes for 30- 40 depending on the deal you make... the frags alone depends on how much you want to charge for the number of polyps...ex 10 - 15 polyps I would say $10 giving this to be $1 a polyp...if I am wrong than someone can correct me...

Also depends on where you plan on selling them...

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
subaru,

i got both the dragon's eyes and the radioactive dragons from house of fish at the spring frag swap - maybe they were $15 or $20 per frag with maybe 10-20 heads? you should contact Jim or Russ and ask if they still have them. I think that's about what i paid and about the size.

1QuickSubaru

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I see them at H20 which they claim are rare and I dont think they are worth $100 for a colony which is why I'm asking. I dont have any that I'm trying to sell or frag.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: