CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Does anyone know if there are drawbacks to a drop in chiler. I am on the second floor of my two family house, and dont want any more faliure points in the system. Apparently the downstair neighbors, dont like there stuff to get all wet. I dont know what is wrong with these people LOL.
I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks

TOTAL AQUARIUMS

Chief of the Tang Police
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Not in your situation lol. The only drawback is that there is a large amount of bypass where a significant amount of water won't come in direct contact with the coil. This can slow the pull down making the chiller less efficient. On a smaller tank though you should be fine.

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
from my experience a 6 month old chiller broke after moving the drop in part 3 times all the freon came out and marine depot said sorry that company whent out of business you're on your own
Lucky I can rig anything up and I turned it into a inline with a 4 inch pvc pipe Dont ask how its too long I'm drinking and the letters are moving around its getting hard to type

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Thanks. You need to post on the I'm drunk thread.:lol::givebeer::givebeer::givebeer:

from my experience a 6 month old chiller broke after moving the drop in part 3 times all the freon came out and marine depot said sorry that company whent out of business you're on your own
Lucky I can rig anything up and I turned it into a inline with a 4 inch pvc pipe Dont ask how its too long I'm drinking and the letters are moving around its getting hard to type

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: