Reef Reaper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I just made a discovery concerning my single stage Azoo CO2 regulator and that it is only a single stage. Before that I did not know there is any differences with CO2 regulators. After reading an article (http://www.barrreport.com/forum/barr-report/co2-enrichment/6653-dual-stage-regulators) on regulators, I now have a concern about the safety of the occupants of my 120 gallon tank. The concern now is "end of tank dump". Has anyone had this issue ? It seems if this occurs, it will TOTALLY kill everything in the tank!!!!!!!!!

Also does anyone know of a good and reasonably priced dual-stage regulator? I found one on EBAY by SR Aquaristik (www.sraquaristik.com).

The other option is going with an electronic co2 regulator such as the CarbonDoser Electronic Co2 regulator. What do you guys feel about that route?

If anyone has any answers, I would be much appreciated! Thanks for looking!!

Last edited:

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just an uneducated guess here but for reef keepers we're injecting the CO2 into a reactor not the aquarium water directly, should the regulator fail and dump CO2 it would over pressurize the calcium reactor. The over pressure in the reactor would more than likely damage the reactor and release the CO2 into the air and water onto the floor.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: