Uncle Morty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ok so I have three Duncan's two on one plug and one separate. All were doin great and would eat well. All of a sudden they all closed and won't open that much. They are three different colors and look all different. Any help would be great. All water tests show that all is well the only change was that I added this coral that was given to me any help identifying it would be great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 482

Uncle Morty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
That green branching coral it's a lps but I don't know there name. Are they safe to put near Duncan's? Ill try to up load another pic. It won't let me put up another pic pm me if u might be able to help. Thanks in advance

BAD FISH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
the green coral looks like a colt its a leather don't think its the problem duncans are very weak and lose most battles I would put it further away from the trumpet for sure. my duncans close even when a fish swims a little close try moving it and keep an eye out

BFITZ06

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Matt when I got the coral I was told it was green nepthea, the big one I have in my tank would brush up against my frogspawn and piss it off and wouldn't open for days .

BAD FISH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
nepthea is nephthieade its the species name for a COLT or tree coral and it is a peaceful coral it would most definitely lost a battle against a frog spawn wich are very aggressive corals

Uncle Morty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well thanks for everyone's input on this matter. So far one of three heads of Duncan's opened and seams like it made four baby heads under it. The one Duncan head that's close to the green coral is still closed but has vibrant colors so I'm hopeful that it will open. Ill try to post pics tonight. Thanks again every one.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: