Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Im getting the gurgle noise only from one standpipe. It's a 155 bowfront, I have 2 mag 9.5 running it. 1 is "t"d off to a uv and one is "t"d off to a skimmer but I'm bypassing the skimmer at the moment. I have ball valves on both pumps,both dursos are identical any thoughts on why this is happening? I've tried less flow and more flow, more flow quieted it down but then drained the sump and also tank drains couldn't handle the flow. I have done a bunch of these and never ran into such an issue. Thank you in advance

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I had a similar issue with one of my standpipes and honestly the reason for it was that one was actually maybe 1/4" taller than the other. I know it sounds crazy, but I leveled the two and boom no more gurgle. hope this helps

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Scoots- yes sir, when I cover them by hand the gurgle stops.I'm going to try the tubing into it just to see if that helps. The other durso has the same size and same amount of holes and is practically dead and has absolutely no gurgle at all.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
155 bow front, 2 mag 9.5, 1 split to return and uv, 1 split to skimmer and return. The reutrns are kicking, I have ball valves on both pumps. If I turn them down i get the gurgle on durso. If I turn them up the noise goes away but the drains and sump can't handle the full flow.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
A 155 bow front should have 2 1" drains that should be able to handle 1200 gph, assuming that the head height is 6 feet you should get 1440 gph without any restriction.
Now you say that 1 of the pumps run a uv? what size uv. every uv should have the proper flow thru it to function properly. Depending on what you want it to remove will determin flow.
2- You mentioned that the other one was also running a skimmer. which skimmer?
most of the skimmers I know of have their own circulation pump, or feed pump.
some members will take a drain, t it off and feed dirty water to some brands of skimmers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: