E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
have a few (basic) questions regarding the programming of my Apex Jr.

First, for my return pump... I'd like this to be running continuously, but would like the ability to manually shut off the return pump when necessary.
-What do I need to set the Initial Off Time, On Time, and Off time to? The initial Off Time can be set at 5 minutes, but what about the others?

Second - For the ATO.. should this be set as a pump?

And Finally, for the Skimmer.. same as above...

(The Heater I have figured out already
redface.gif
)

Thanks for the help!

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Set the return pump as always on, coupled with a Feed mode (A/B/C/D) for a 5 minute off. Initiate feed mode when you want return pump off for 5 minutes. Example:

FALLBACK ON
SET ON
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

Define your Feed mode timers in Misc Setup.

ReefMonkey13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Not sure if anyone has responded to your ATO question. If you are using the Apex Breakout box with float switches, you can look at the following. This is also set up in advance mode of the outlet.

ATO: Set this on the outlet that controls your ATO pump. I am using an TOMS Aqualifter as my ATO pump. This pump consumes very little power so I have it set it up to be on either Outlet 4 or 8 of the EB8. Those 2 outlets handles the low energy devices the best.

Fallback OFF [If the EB8 (power strip) loses connection to head unit this switch should be OFF]
Set OFF [this is initialize the state of the outlet to be OFF]
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON [If Switch1 is CLOSED (circuit is completed) then activate the pump]
If Switch1 OPEN Then OFF [If Switch1 is OPEN then turn the pump OFF]
If Switch2 OPEN Then OFF
[If Switch3 is OPEN then turn the pump OFF]
Defer 000:30 Then ON [wait 30 seconds after the ON condition is satisfied before turning ON]*
Defer 000:30 Then OFF [wait 30 seconds after the OFF condition is satisfied before turning OFF]*
If FeedC 005 Then OFF
[If feed cycle C is activated turn OFF and stay off for another 5 minutes after the feed cycle is completed]
If FeedD 005 Then OFF [If feed cycle D is activated turn OFF and stay off for another 5 minutes after the feed cycle is completed]

* This statement prevents the ATO pump to go on and off due to some water sloshing in the sump.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Thanks for the help! I actually have a JBJ ATO, but I wanted to run this off my apex so I could easily turn it off if necessary (like when I do water changes).

I'm sure I'll have more questions with the Apex soon.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Thanks for the deferral statement, Reefmonkey. That's pretty handy.

As for ATO, I have a DIY ATO similar to the JBJ with 2 float switches tied to 2 5v relays and an alarm on the 2nd float switch should that kick on.

Because I run kalk off my ATO, I wanted added protection/failsafes:

1. Dual float switches
2. If ph > 8.5 Then off
3. OSC 000:00/010:00/050:00 Then ON --this will only allow power to the aqualifter for 10 minutes max every hour, so even if the float switch calls for fresh water, the pump won't be turned on until it hits the hour mark. Figure the aqualifter is rated for 3.5g/hr, 10 minutes will dump a little over half a gallon if EVERYTHING fails. Come to think of it, I should lower this to 5 minutes. :scratchch

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: