Acronuts1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you bought corals from Ebay?
Any experiences that you have can you please share with me?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to sell coral on eBay a long time ago, until 9-11, and I lost hundred of dollar of livestock due to the interruption of air shippment.

Just make sure you are dealing with reputable seller. Some may try to sell you pests like flatworm or Aptiasia for tens of dollars. The shipping fee can be a deal breaker, so you should consider that when you bid.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also it's probably a safe bet to say most of everything you see will be photoshopped to hell and back :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sfsuphysics":18p9m04q said:
Also it's probably a safe bet to say most of everything you see will be photoshopped to hell and back :D

That's my understanding as well. I'm lucky to have great contacts (both internet and LFS) so I'm never tempted by EBay "bargains".

Acronuts1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys I did some searching and looked and read feedback. I narrowed it down to three sellers all with 99.8% positive feedback. Each of these sellers also have actual shops that do day to day business as well. They also allowed for multiple corals with just one shipping fee. And finally I asked lots of questions. These three all say that their photos are not photoshopped.

Will keep you all posted.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IIRC you can buy an ebay account with really high feedback and lots of responses fairly easily.

I used to like reading the negative feedbacks as they often tell more than all the positive ones, used to be a royal PITA to find them... now I think they removed them all together.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try craigslist or ebayer that is local and allow you to pick them up in person. That way, you be sure WYSIWYG. Back in the old days, I used to drive 95 miles to get corals that are rare.

Acronuts1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tips!

dupaboy1992":2aoux5t9 said:
Try craigslist or ebayer that is local and allow you to pick them up in person. That way, you be sure WYSIWYG. Back in the old days, I used to drive 95 miles to get corals that are rare.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: