Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Hmm, Unsure bout these lights they is no information on where they are located or who is a seller on there worries me..

On the other hand units are pricey but they actually suggest you can place corals even SPS anywhere on the tank. Very interesting though

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
The Orbitel Lawsuit is based on a patent for the controllers that PFO was using. I believe it was about the intesity controlling RGB LEDs.

I'm looking at the specs for these lights and they seem outrageously overpriced. If you look at the bigger unit (23.5") it only has 54 White LEDs and 18 Blue LEDs with a total consumption of 73 watts. That would mean that these are 1W LEDs. They don't say what kind of bulbs they use which is VERY important. The cost difference between say Bridgelux or Cree bulbs could be double. But anyway, 73W module with NO CONTROLLER and they are charging $800? I know I might be a little bias because I'm working on distributing the Pacific Sun modules but I don't think these two are even in the same class. I would say its a good value if these fixtures were only like $400 per unit but they are way overpriced.

Note the kind of specs that are given. My guess is this is a fixture built by a Lighting Company that knows very little about Aquarium Science. If this was really built by a company that knows about aquariums, they would list details like PAR, LUX, Light Coverage. Instead, they give us useless info like Hertz, dB Noise, Driver Certification... I've come across many LED lighting companies that are producing lights and calling them Aquarium fixtures but they have no knowledge of the workings of our tanks...

Just my speculation...

Last edited:

GreshamH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note the kind of specs that are given. My guess is this is a fixture built by a Lighting Company that knows very little about Aquarium Science. If this was really built by a company that knows about aquariums, they would list details like PAR, LUX, Light Coverage. Instead, they give us useless info like Hertz, dB Noise, Driver Certification... I've come across many LED lighting companies that are producing lights and calling them Aquarium fixtures but they have no knowledge of the workings of our tanks...

Just my speculation...

Ecoxotic is a brand new LED light manufacturer with several new exciting LED lighting options that are sure to get your tentacles expanded. With over a year of testing and development and the market and design expertise of Current USA?s Ike Eigenbrode on board
http://www.reefbuilders.com/2009/10/24/ecoxotic-panorama-stunner-led-lights/

Ike is a rather well versed in aquarium lighting :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: