nmerenfeld

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
New to the forum and hobby. I want to change out the stock fluorescent bulbs that came stock with my tank bc they make the tank to hot and don't bring out the corals colors (softies only tank BTW). I've heard good things about the ecoxotic stunner strips. My questions is how many do I want and what colors do I need. Thanks in advance.

pbjelly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
The ecoxotic stunners won't give you enough light - even for soft corals. I retrofitted three ecoxotic panorama pros into my biocube 14 hood and have been very happy with the results. I went with two 12k/445nms and one 445nm/magenta but it's really a matter of taste.
A couple of things to remember if you go this route - the leds need good ventilation. They don't add a lot of heat to my tank, but they will burn out if you mount them in an enclosed space. Also, and I have no proof to back this up - I think the ecoxotic dimmer may decrease the life-span of the lights. It's a great cheap way to acclimate your corals to the new lights, but mine caused my ballasts to buzz and then crap out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: