dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anything stop this stuff from spreading? Are there any other corals that will prohibit it from encrusting over them and stop them from spreading? It grows like a weed and now it's spreading over my orange cap monti. I have to keep peeling it off so it doesn't kill off part of it. Any ideas? I need some help!

Thanks

R

reefman204

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have some Zoas next to mine and they have not grown past that point...Its been about 2 months.

Avi

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Depending on what it's encrusted on, you may or may not be able to get it off so that it can be mounted on some piece of rock elsewhere...if that's what you want to do. If you just want to get rid of it or it's encrusted on rockwork that is adjacent to some valued coral, you may well have to scrape if off the rock. It has to be scraped of completely or it'll come back fairly quickly. I've had to get rid of it and I've found that the tool that works best is a dental "hook" like the dentist uses to get between your teeth. Sometimes it takes a few months before you can completely get rid of it and it doesn't grow back.

dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My electric-green star polyps (purple mat) growing on the rock isn't really a problem. My major problem is that it's growing over other corals. It's growing over the edge of my orange monti cap coral and also over some lime-green star polyps (white mat) that I have.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: