A

Anonymous

The tunze osmolator and kalk dispenser arrived and have been fitted into the sump, but I haven't hooked them up yet. I want to be home for a couple of days when I do so I can keep an eye on it, ATO setup never seems to come off perfectly the first try.

Unfortunately I've run into the design limitations of the Elos Mini's sump once again. There's simply no way, short of removing internal glass partitions, that I can fit the overszed tunze ATO probe holder, the tunze kalk dispenser flask (just slightly too large to fit into the very narrow freshwater reservoir in the Mini's sump), the Bubble Magus skimmer, the feed pump to the chemical filtration compartment and the return pump in the main chamber of my sump. There's only so much you can do with a 6"x10" footprint, and that's all I've got to work with.

After thinking about it the past few days I've decided the solution is to retire the BM skimmer and replace it with a much smaller tunze 9002 skimmer. The BM has worked great, I have zero complaints about it and could definitely recommend it to others. Truth to tell, though, it's always been overkill for this tank anyway. Replacing it's 6.5"x5" footprint with a measly 2"x5" tunze 9002 should let me accomodate everything I need to in the space I have to work with. I've owned tunze skimmers before (a 9005 and 9010) so I expect to be pleased with the 9002's performance on this tank.

A

Anonymous

I've been running the tunze osmolator and 9002 for nearly two months now. Both have been performing just fine.

Otherwise no real changes to report. Everything's growing and doing well, and the tank is mostly running itself. Main reason I'm posting is to see if any of the usual suspects wants some of my blue cespitularia. It's grown to the point where I have to trim a great deal of it and I figure I probably have between 3 and 5 portions worth to pass along. Anyone interested in some? For the regular gang it's no charge, just shipping.

A

Anonymous

damn. I wish. had set backs this summer- funds for my LEDs had to be used elsewhere...

A

Anonymous

Don't sweat it, JP. I'll probably have more when you're ready for it :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: