• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Elos is close to lab grade salfert used it for a wail the all is always wrong. Tells me 10 dkh and the elso say 7.5 dkh and my API test kit go elos and nothing else also the nitrate kit is off to from salfert.

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Both Elos and Salifert are excellent kits. I use Elos for all of my systems. I am very surprised to hear that Salifert dkh would be off by 3. A variation of that size usually signifies human error somewhere in the test. I usually suspect the test vial has residue that is affecting the test. I would check on that because if there really is a variation that big on the Salifert test, tanks all over would be crashing.

That being said, I still prefer the Elos Kits for my dkh, ca, mg, no3 tests.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If elos was truly "lab grade" they would have recalled all the kits that went out with old instructions that gave you incorrect results. Instead the consumer had to call or post in a message board to figure out they had a good test with bad instructions. Note to Elos, when you change the test don't forget to change the instructions...Just sayin.

That being said, both are good brands. You will most likely be happy with either one.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have used used most of the kits out there and prefer elos. I have noticed that the readings are more acurate and don't flucuate from test to test. Plus you can also call up and ask Justin at elosusa and ask if the test you have has had fluctuations in testing.
Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: