KuyaMark

Pinoy Reef Addict!
Rating - 99.4%
173   1   0
hey gang due to last nights storm my place has no power since 12:30 last night and was informed that power will be up by around tomorrow.
where can i get a battery power back up that i can use for my tank i already lost most of my fish
blue hippo
mystery wrasse
heirich firefish
pair of false percs
yellow tang
flamingi tang

i just need to power my
vortech and return pump

please help

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Run to petland and get one of those battery powered air pumps, with wodden air stone. FOr now it will work until you get the vortech back up.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
i have a battery back up you can borrow mark. call me if you want to come pick it up...its not huge but will run your pumps for the better part of a day...

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
1st thing I would do is get a hold of a few battery powered air pumps with airstones. They run on 2 D batteries and do good job at maintaining acceptable oxygen levels which is your primary concern. Most pet stores carry them as do bait and tackle shops. 1 set of batteries runs in excess of 24 hrs on these. It will buy you some time to sort other options out.

mluz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
You can also rent a small gas powered generator, and run an extension cord to your tank. Some home depot's have a rental department.
If you are in a house of course.

KuyaMark

Pinoy Reef Addict!
Rating - 99.4%
173   1   0
thanks everyone
jrobbins let me used his batter backup.
i can't believe i lost all of my fish it sux.
my wife is so depress right now she lost her favorite fishes
the mystery wrasse, blue hippo and helfirch firefish.
I lost some acros also tri color, blue tenuis, acans , and pink lemonade!

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
really sorry to hear that and i hate to crap on your thread but this should be a reminder to everyone how important a simple battery-powered pump is to avoid the heartache and stress kuyamark is going through...good luck with everything!

thanks everyone
jrobbins let me used his batter backup.
i can't believe i lost all of my fish it sux.
my wife is so depress right now she lost her favorite fishes
the mystery wrasse, blue hippo and helfirch firefish.
I lost some acros also tri color, blue tenuis, acans , and pink lemonade!

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
mark u getting the vorteck battery back up or a comp one ? if no hurry in a month or so ill be breaking my system down and selling all fish and some corals, i do have a pair of brown saddlebacks now

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: