Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey, so I live on the first floor of an apartment building and I need Help emptying a fish tank. I have a 25ft hose but no clear way to the window (the little lady wanted a bookcase there). Anyway, how can I create a siphon so that I can empty the tank plus sump when I can't place one end lower than the bottom of the tank

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
nope, the only way a siphon works is with the end the water flows to being lower than where the water starts. the only way to move water "up hill" like you want to do is with a pump.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
You can empty the tank into a toilet or bucket, or anything that is lower than the tank using a siphon. You can use the return pump that is in the sump to empty the sump, or mostly empty the sump into the tank

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hey, so I live on the first floor of an apartment building and I need Help emptying a fish tank. I have a 25ft hose but no clear way to the window (the little lady wanted a bookcase there). Anyway, how can I create a siphon so that I can empty the tank plus sump when I can't place one end lower than the bottom of the tank

You were going to empty the tank out of the window!!!! That gave me a good laugh just use a pump to empty the tank into a sink or the toilet.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: