masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
It rare that I see such a complete and utter failure with regard to building. I'm a perfectionist but this build just goes soooo far over the line it is hysterical. The thing is, the builder seems to really think he's doing a 'job well done'.

It is a long thread, so here are the posts you need to look at to understand what's going on:

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/s...Fail-Fail-to-Build.-What-is-this-I-don-t-even.....

page 1 - first update post # 1, duh

page 5 - second update post # 63 & 64

page 7 - third update with first timelapse video post # 98 & 99

page 11 - fourth update post # 151

page 13 - pretty good photoshop post # 187

page 17 - final time lapse video set to Vivaldi's "Spring" post # 242 & 248

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I'm at a loss for words. Is he blind? Nothing was level it has to be done purpose.

The OP said the builder was from Korea. I have no idea what building code is in the rest of the world, but I do know when I see pix of the poverty stricken homes (not the affluent, well to do) they don't seem much different than that DIY thread. Sure some seem like craftsmen, but many others appear to slap it together to get a roof over their head. This was 'just a shed'. Even in Orange County, NY, if the structure isn't constructed on a foundation it isn't considered permanent so there is no need for a building permit and subsequent inspections. I can see how this monstrosity of a building could slip through the cracks here.

I did get a lot of laughs out of it. Again, I was a builder and the thought process when constructing a building seems very structured to me. The layout of all that lumber had no rhyme or reason whatsoever. A total mishmash.

Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
thanks Russ, you have a skill for always saying the right thing. im actually not that bad, i know when i can or cant do something and then i just ask thirty5

:hug:

junglebase said:
Thanks Russ for a good laugh!

As i always say... "A little knowledge is dangerous!"

I've actually looked at that 'build' a few times and I've laughed at it each time. Still hasn't gotten old. Glad I could provide a good chuckle. :flower:

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: