xobklynqt143

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
:help: ok so i am going to be upgrading to a DB 57 rimless after Christmas im trying to get all the equipment together that i might need. If you can please take a look and let me know if this seems right and if I'm missing something please let me know, suggestions welcome.

Tank: 57 db rimless
Stand- i really wanted a custom stand i sent 2 members a pm with no response so i guess im going with their series 2 ( if anyone does stands send me a pm please)

Lighting- 2 AI sols blue ( iffy if i want to/need to get a 3rd one)

Sump/fuge - i had a sump made a few years ago from custom king along with a protein skimmer(this will be upgraded within a year hopefully)

fuge light is going to be a par38 bulb

2-mag9.5 (is this overkill? i think i had either a 5 or a 7 in my last tank which was a 72bow) 1 for the skimmer the other for the return.

BRS GFO and Carbon Reactor dlx style with their suggested colbalt pump (im going to run both gfo and carbon in this)

thinking of possibly getting a new ro/di its just crazy expensive so I'm not sure yet - Aquatic life ro/di 100gpd

2 hydor Evolution 1400's (would love an mp40 but i cant justify spending 450 on a power head)

Im going to need an ATO - any recommendations?

full Apex with ph, temp probe and EB8

Another question i have is im going to be building a rock/foam wall to cover my overflow and most of the back I'm going to be using my 'live' rock this will prob need about 2 days to set, am i going to have to cycle these rocks again or there wont be much die off? Someone had also said you can 'paint' some pvc primer on after to give it an effect of looking like some coralline growth on it ( i haven't seen what it looks like) is that a bad idea? i just don't want the rock wall to look weird until i have some coralline growth on it but i can deal with it if needed :eek:

Last edited:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I just broke down my deep blue 57 . I had one MP10 which was plenty unless you plan to have an SPS dominated tank. The mag 7 will be plenty, I would even add a ball valve to slow the flow if needed. Also there is an awesome used sump at Aquatic Obsessions for sale, very clean and acrylic. Looks almost new and would fit your new tank. I had 2 AI sols on the tank and it was plenty of light.

xobklynqt143

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
i would def love to keep some more sps in this tank i have 1 ( no idea what the name is but it was from JF) and its doing great (thank god! lol) ..as per the sump i think im going to keep this one, it wasnt used long and im pretty sure it will fit, i still need to take measurements of it. Thanks for your input

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: