Neal358

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a euro-reef skimmer on my 72 reef tank and in the next year i am going to set up a 110 gal fish with live rock and have things like trigers and larger angels and am going to do 100% corect and get only the best and the bigest thing for a salt water tank is a good skimmer witch one do you all think is better euro-reef or life reef skimmer and why????

srbayless

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

I believe both units are great, but I have only have personal experience with a Euroreef.

I have a CD6-3 Euroreef that I got off of Ebay. Truly an awesome skimmer. How can you beat a skimmer that comes with its own pump, is made of the highest quality materials and craftsmanship, and it truly set and forget?

I have it on my 180g tank, and I couldn't be happier. The cool part about the Euroreefs is that the water output is high up, way above the water level in most sumps. This is really nice because I have very high evaporation in my sump, so the skimmers with low water outputs need to be constantly adjusted.

I have an AqauC EV150 on my 80g, and I eventually had to raise it above the water level in my sump to keep it continually skimming. I believe the Life-Reef units are similar, in that the water outputs are lower and can be affected by changing water levels.

The other nice thing about the Euroreef is the size and wattage of the pump. Most of the "smaller" ones use the sedra 5000, which is a great submersible pump that doesn't use alot of electricity. The Life-Reefs on the other hand require much larger pumps and use tons more energy.

Hope that helps,

Scott.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: