jay1513

Just Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Today, I was offered to trade my 8th months old MP40W for someone else's 1.5 year old Tunze Wavebox 6215.

Since I've never owned a Wavebox I'd like get your opinion.

I have 180 gallon setup 6ftX2ftX2ft

Currently running MP40 & Tunze 6100 powerhead

Corals are mostly LPS and some Softies - No SPS yet

No Fish in the DT yet - still in QT tank,

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
It all depends on your preferance.

The wavebox creates flow much differently then what youd get from a MP40. IMO its much better at creating true wave movement in a reef. The motion it creates is up and down not left to right or a pushing motion.

I think that anemones LPS and softies do better with the rocking motion then the pushing of a powerhead.

If you need to check one out i got a 4 x 2 x 16in tank you can check it out on.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I recently replaced a broken mp40 with a tuzne wavebox. The wavebox makes a more realistic up and down/side to side wave and my corals (mixed hard and soft) all seem to love it. The downside with the wavebox, depending on your setup, is potential wave-like overflow noise each time the wave goes up near your overflow, and a sea-sick inducing wave if the top of your water is visibile (my wife hates the wavebox because of this). If you have a canopy that covers the top couple inches so you don't see the top of your water, this won't be an issue. I have an open top so it is an issue for me. I'm actually thinking of going back to mp40.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: