A

Anonymous

Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. It's non-photosynthetic.

75312_large.jpg

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly keeping this coral is a bit difficult BECAUSE it isn't photosynthetic. I think its kind of like keeping sun corals.. they HAVE to be fed, as opposed to the other light embracing corals we keep.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm not sure it would work for that reason in a tank dominated by photosynthetic corals that need clean water.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried twice and failed miserably both times. The second time, I tried all sorts of feedings (golden pearls, cylcopeeze, three different phytos, etc.).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the ideas. A customer brought in some LR to the LFS which had some growing on it. I didn't get a chance to talk to the customer to ask about it, but it had clearly been doing well in his/her tank. Anyway, I now have a small piece of it in a shaded, high flow area of my tank. We'll see what happens, but my hopes aren't high.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":15wn1ggu said:
I've tried twice and failed miserably both times. The second time, I tried all sorts of feedings (golden pearls, cylcopeeze, three different phytos, etc.).

When are we going to see pics, Len? :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: