duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Going to be doing my build and taking it real slow and gathering equipment slowly and the only thing i cant figure out is what external pump to buy. I weighed my options and i was going to make a stand so everything is under the 180 but now leaning towards a basement sump room. Looking for a good external pump for the 180 dual over flows,2 reactors and plumbed frag tank. The height to the basement is probably going to be around 15 ft. Pretty much the only piece of equipment im going to need help with so counting on you guys :)

Last edited:

Spsnut

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as important as a pump is using large enough plumbing, head loss can be a lot more than just losses from gravity if the pipe diameter is small, there are a lot of fittings, and the velocity great. I only have three month on my reeflo pump, but I sure like the energy savings.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
I recently purchased a reefflo blowhole from dr foster smith for my 120 upgrade. They had the best prices on the pump. I went with the 1450 cause of the positive reviews. The only negative thing I heard about the pump is that it may increase water temperature.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Jim..I never used a Blowhole, but I've heard good things about them..the only problem I foresee is their largest model, the 2700, at the highest setting is only 2700gph @ 0' using 220 watts which wouldn't be enough for your application unless it's pressure rated...I've been using Darts for years. from my basement....quiet, relieable 3600gph @ 0' using only 135 watts...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: