Rating - 100%
22   0   0
6c1beb7e-37c3-44fc.jpg

Has anyone seen a wrasse like this that spits water?!
He must think he's cute or something.

At first i was like "wtf....why are there dry water marks on my glass" cause i has no idea where it was coming from

but then i actually caught him in the act!! my mouth literally hit the floor!

Is this normal behavior for these?!

i've gotta try and catch it on video!

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Weird. I have wrasses that think their dolphins when it comes to feeding time. Splashing all over the lights even though the lights are about a foot above the tank and the walls.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
maybe a few weeks - wait this stuff gets better.

i just walked away from the tank from cleaning the glass i look back and now my midas blenny wants in on the fun. he's going up to the corner of the glass and like flicking his tail and splashing water now.....

in the past 3 hours i've had the clean the glass 4 times... i feel like im on camera or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I've had pencil wrasses act like dolphins. swimming straight up and straight down. like they were dancing around as well. They did the spitting water trick.

Last edited:

KurtL

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if fairy wrasses do this behavior but I believe other species of wrasses and other fish blow jets of water into the sand to uncover food. Cept this wrasse is doing it at the surface.......hes hungry lol

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I have that tri colored wrasse but have glass covers so I haven't seen this behavior yet. I will be switching to netting this week cause I just can't deal with the glass having water condensation under it, salt creep and moving these enormous heavy glass covers every time I need to do work in there. I'll follow this thread. Hope I'm not making a mistake with the netting over the glass.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
i'm confident the wrasse and the blenny have formed some kinda alliance to destroy my hard wood floors by kicking and spitting water outta my tank.

i hope i dont have to resort to puppy wee wee pads around the tank

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So it turns out my luck truly is horrible.

I just woke up this morning to a dead blenny - a few dead snails (atleast they dont seem to be moving) my wrasse wasnt moving so i went to grab him and he kinda swam and hid under a rock. and my clowns dont look to happy.

I have NO IDEA wtf happened over night but now im red alert mode tryiing to do a water change.
i hope my fish pull through

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I've heard that the spitting action is something they do to move things around in search of food. hope all is well with the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: