dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
hey guys i am planning to use a trition4 1050gph as my return pump. please let me know if anyone here has experience with this pump or the triton 3 or 5 either one. wanted to see if its worth using or should i return it.

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
thanks guys! i have the 4 and im planning to use it on my 50 breeder...

i heard Deep Blue is a bad company, unreliable and such so im waiting for the negative comments people on here may have

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I use the 3 as my main return and it has been going strong for over a year.
I unplug it nightly when I feed and it always turns back on, instantly.

Going with a Marineland Maxi for my next tank though.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Cant remember how much, but I bought mine at Aquarium Village as an emergency replacement for my mag pump.
Which mag pumps are the BIGGEST was of money out there considering there are so many better options.

Affordable Aquatic

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Nothing bad to say about the pumps. They are made by a reputable company, and they stand behind them. They are a little cheaper than other brands because they dont do any advertising. We sell a ton of them and never get customer complaints.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
all if not most of deep blue product is extremely cheaply made, the only thing that i like from them is their rimless tanks they make a nice rimless tank but ive noticed a greener tint to their glass than other tanks. the only piece of equipment i ever plan to use is the 36 inch t5 single bulb light over my fresh tank because i worked at an lfs and it only cost me like $16 at the time otherwise wouldnt use any of it

andylee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I use a Triton 5 as the return for my system (see below). I've used it since January with no problems. It runs all day except for several 10 minute breaks during feed cycles. Runs at exactly 60 watts; I'm not sure of the actual gph, but it works fine. It has the highest gallons/per watt (heat) of the pumps I could find.

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
I use a Triton 5 as the return for my system (see below). I've used it since January with no problems. It runs all day except for several 10 minute breaks during feed cycles. Runs at exactly 60 watts; I'm not sure of the actual gph, but it works fine. It has the highest gallons/per watt (heat) of the pumps I could find.

your tank is amazing!! if i have room to set up another tank i think the one like yours is the way to go.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
all if not most of deep blue product is extremely cheaply made, the only thing that i like from them is their rimless tanks they make a nice rimless tank but ive noticed a greener tint to their glass than other tanks. the only piece of equipment i ever plan to use is the 36 inch t5 single bulb light over my fresh tank because i worked at an lfs and it only cost me like $16 at the time otherwise wouldnt use any of it

Really? The 75 I owned was as nice as ANY AGA, Perfecto or Marineland tank I have owned. My 57 Rimless was beautiful and the 120 I saw last week was gorgeous. Green glass? You sure it was a DB tank you saw? NONE of the DB I have mentioned above have had green glass. As you can see from all of the posts in this thread alone if their stuff was so cheaply made would all of us use them and rave about them? Especially a piece of equipment as important as a pump? Not picking an argument just wonder how you've come to our opinion?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: