dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just curious to see what some of you do, if anything? Do you wait for the lights to be off completely w/ just moon lights on? And if so, how long do you wait after the lights are out? Or do you feed during dusk with only actinics on?

And of course, what do you feed your night critters?

Thanks

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Turn off all circulation pumps after the lights are off and the tank has had enough time to settle and then put in the food. Spread it around to all the corals that need it as you do and then let them eat. When the food appears to be mostly gone you can turn on the pumps. If you have a vortech the night mode setting is a great feature for this.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I like to feed at night but I also soak my frozen fish food(after defrosting) with either Oyster Feast or Phyto Feast and would use Roti Feast but I ran out :eek:

No matter what I do my dendros will never come back out during the day since my goldflake angel nipped at them!

Last edited:

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Ive just been using reef nutrition products but I also own reef chili that I will work back into the rotation when I get my tank a more filled.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: