richiewwhite

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have been to a few local fishstores around here today and I went to a new one on deer park ave. (231) its called Tropical Island Aquarium I was in there for a while just talking to the guy. His name on here is Damien somthing.. the store is pretty cool and had some good prices its work checking out. they have some nice freshwater and a nicely scaped freshwater display tank.. Also I know petco is usually the worst store for anything reef, but the petco on jericho turnpike in commack? has a nice 33L reef tank going its packed with stuff and has good prices too. Petswarehouse i go to alot and best i think for fish prices. Coral tanks are looking better most the time i see them.

and also wanna throw this out there I noticed a few people looking for 20L tanks. PETSMART is having a sale 20% of any tank and they have 20L for 23.99 new and thought it was cheap so im throwing it out there.

mostly started this thread to get some knowledge out there about the new petstore the more LFS's around the better.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I frequently go to Suffolk fish and reef. They usually have nicely priced frags. I get my fish from them too.

I like pets warehouse. They seem to have a nicer variety over time and are SUPER friendly.

Mutts n butts is cool, but a bit expensive for my taste.

I would only get dry goods from petco.

I'll have to check out Tropical Island on my way home from work next week.

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Went to Mutts and Butts last week for first time. Interesting store. Had some great dog toys on sale!!!!!!

frags where decent!
Staff in aquarium not so friendly, but they may just not like me hahaha

richiewwhite

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I go to pretty much every store around mutts and butts actually has 2 nice big pieces of live rock. big ones with cloves and some mushrooms and sps on them they are covered in coraline too but each rock is big big over 10 pounds easy and at 10$ a pound its too much. but its a good deal they also have some cheap cheap frags if you look hard

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: