SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I took the plunge and added life to the tank,a small naked clown and two snails..Hope everything goes well..

Attachments

• clown.jpg
    clown.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 60
  • snails.jpg
    snails.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 53

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I waited too long before i tested for ammonia thinking it was gonna take longer,I been doing full test and everything was zero.I was testing nitrite twice not realizing thinking it was nitrate. I did have diatoms I saw when i turned on the mh lights. so last nite i did full test amm=0 nitrite=0 nitrate=.2-.5 ..I was told I should have tested with in a day for ammonia when i added the rock,I missed the ammonia spike.Saw more diatoms today did test again and had .5 nitrated did 5 gal water change in the morning tested nitrate .2 so I got 2 snails and that clown.I was told when using good rock the tank can cycle pretty fast it was dumb on my part not to test sooner.I thought it took weeks for ammonia spike.Being that I had nitrates and 0amm and 0 nites I would think the tank cycled.Today is day 26 of the tank I first tested on 21 but been testing nitrites twice instead of nitrate.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: