qlaw31

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, this is my first post, thanks for all the great info on here. I found a great deal on a MSO Needlewheel 150 with Funnel Neck skimmer, and was wondering if it will fit in the proclear 125?, I have been running it with no bio balls for awhile now with good results. I am also looking for Mods to make it a bigger sump, My idea was to cut the end side off and stick the wet/dry into a rubbermaid container, anyone think this will work or have any ideas? Buying a new sump is not in the budget right now lol, The main is a 5 year old 90 gal reef rdy mixed. Thank You,

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:welcome:

It doesn't look like it'll fit. The Proclear has pretty small sections. While the MSO has a small footprint (10x9 from online documents), it can't fit the Proclear 125.

I wouldn't cut a side off the sump. If you want more space, you can either drill a hole and install a bulkhead that connects to a separate container (rubbermaid or acrylic tank) which can hold the skimmer. Or just ditch the Proclear altogether and use a big rubbermaid as your new sump. I don't see any advantages of cutting off a side of the Proclear and putting it into a rubbermaid since you aren't using the bioballs.

qlaw31

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, sounds good. The only reason i wanted to keep the proclear is for the media tray,and I wouldnt have to use a sock.I may also just go with a eshopps psk 100 or a bubble magus nac6 with a smaller footprint.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: