Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I am considering adding a fish or two to my 39G Cadlights tank. I have mostly lps corals, and a couple of sps corals. Currently I have 1 Starry Blenny, 1 oscillaris clown, 1 purple firefish, & 1 yellow strip chromi (Acanthochromis polyacanthus). The chromi is starting to get a little aggressive with the firefish. I'm hoping that adding a fish could offset his behavior, otherwise I may have to go on a fishing expedition to capture & trade the chromi (I have a preference for the firefish). I am going to be going to the frag swap in a few weeks & would like to add more corals & maybe a clam, so whatever I add needs to be reef safe & small enough for my 39G. Any recommendations?

Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I got the Chromi from Manhattan Aquariums. I hope they'll take him back. Has anyone tried bringing healthy fish back to them? Now I just need to catch him. Since that's the new plan, I'm definitely going to be getting at least 2 or 3 new fish (not all at once). So keep the suggestions coming! Thanks to all.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
I was thinking about a flame angel, but I've heard they can be nippy & might go after corals & clam. True?
it's a luck of the draw with flame angels. had one that bothered nothing. had another that picked on brain and any fleshy lps. got a pair right now that just kept nipping one particular mille colony.....almost all white and probably will not recover.:tired:

chromis is a pita to catch. best bet is to try the coke bottle method. otherwise it's taking all the rocks out.

Last edited:

Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
chromis is a pita to catch. best bet is to try the coke bottle method. otherwise it's taking all the rocks out.[/QUOTE]

Agreed PITA! I have been trying to catch the little bugger since last night & I have not even come close. There is no way I'm going to remove all of my rock, I've spent to many hours getting it the way I like it. I think i'll need to set a coke bottle trap.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I have a fairly rare fish.... "Cryptic" Six line wrasse... Very peaceful and not to be confused with a typical aggressive six line wrasse. $50

Awesome addition to any tank but a great option for a nano. Possum wrasses are great to like thirty6 mentioned.

I have a PJ Cardinal also that another member mentioned for $10.

If you need anything, please PM if you'd like. I also have a nano sized Marshall Island Flame Angel that is extremely vibrant in coloration. $45

Best of luck on your search.

PS Longnose hawks are great additions too but MAY eat your shrimp tho mine never did and was introduced after my shrimp were in and my shrimp were fully grown as well.

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Sixline wrasse is a good edition..

Blue eyed cards are nice,Clown goby, scooter blenny, one of my favs are the Pistol shrimp and a Yasha goby..

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Look into a harlequin shrimp there real neat looking,, There diet consist of star fish if your infested with astrea starfish they'll go to town, if you decide to keep any linkia starfish they'll be gonna's too. if you dont have any star fish and you dont feed them star fish they'll perish .

Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already have sand sifting & a brittle star. ...I guess I need to update the info in my MR profile, at least then I will have a compiled list of all tank inhabitants.

Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'm on my way out for the night with my wife, but before I go I had to tell...I set the trap using a juice bottle baited with frozen mysis (thawed & rinsed in ro/di h2o of course) & within half an hour I have captured & secured my prey. I am going over to Manhattan Aquariums with the Yellow Striped Chromis tomorrow, unless someone is interested in him. I would take a frag of just about anything for him. He's in great shape. I won't have time to post a picture until late tonight if anyone is interested. Otherwise, I'll be bringing him back from whence he came tomorrow. Now I'm REALLY INTERESTED IN ANY OTHER IDEAS FOR NEW FISH PER MY ORIGINAL POST. Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: