Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Does anyone know of a fishing spot along the Hudson or not too far from the city?

We're looking for a onshore spot to do some surfcasting and picnicking. Location/Direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Q

Last edited:

scumonkey

Goniopora isn't VD!
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
If your looking for striped bass then look no further than Manhattan itself!
Surf casters can be found almost anywhere you can get to the water.
9-12 foot poles with bunker on a fish finder rig. -just like on the beach.
Battery park near the ferry is a good place to start (if you can find an open spot),
park is also a nice place to picknic!
Yo Nano- shoot me a pm I'll show you the ropes (hook you up with the hot spots)!
xxxfixed.jpg

2_2807.jpg

Last edited:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thanks Scumonkey. We were thinking of doing something this weekend but with the pope's visit, going into the city wasn't an option.

do you know of any other spots?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Not many BIG bass around yet. Some guys are catching schoolie bass under the VZ bridge on clam. The sea wall of bay 8th has always been a good flounder spot.

If you want queens, try the North Channel Bridge on crossbay blvd. You will be able to snag bunker there and also catch flounder.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thanks Rich and Scu again.

Reefsaint...lol... care to emphasize? Do you know any spots near the Bx since you're also another native?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Sweet! I hope these little buggers make their way in the back of Jamaica bay. I have been live-lining bunkers almost everyday for 2 weeks and the largest fish I caught this year so far was 34"......which is kind of small for a live bunker caught fish.

Reefsaint

Reefmonkey on my back!
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
There are some spots under the whitestone bridge. But you have to park and treck back there .It kinda cool and remote. You can catch Blues and bass.
There is also a spot right behind CooP city. In later spring the blue fish force the bunker into a cove.You dont even have to buy bait you can literaly pick them off the shore (you can see the cove as you go over the city island Bridge). "Live fresh fish on a line with Blues all around its the best!":shhh:
In Manhattan there is spot over on 96th street on the eastside:splitspin and 76th street on the west..:splitspin

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I used to go on the jetty in Ft. Totten, at the foot of the Throg's Neck bridge. Can't say that I ever had any luck there....just a schoolie bass once, but I haven't fished there too many times. I don't like fishing from jetties, but this one is in a very pretty location, looking north and east to Ft. Totten, the bridge, and the Sound.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: