Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Use a 1/2" hose and create a vacuum to suck them out, get a Wrasse and keep um in check. I have a 6 line and he eats my bristle worms so I will be adding a melanarious wrasse to hopefully eat the flat worms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or something that I've used and had awesome success is flatwormstop. Your corals go way brighter color and they respond to the flat worms by creating a mucus when attacked that fights of the flat worms making them starve to death. At least that's my understanding of it.

mheaven

Master Member...
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
As well as not being honest about what pest they have when selling frags. Its best to give the person a heads up that way they know what to treat the new frag with.... Shame on the person for not being honest.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Dipping has nothing to do with pests. I dipped every single one of my corals in coral RX before introduced and I still got redbugs which were easy to get out with interceptor and AEFW which I just beat. You can miss one single egg and your system will be infested in a few weeks. QT is the only way to EVER be sure you won't introduce any nastiness into your aquarium. I don't care how many people post that they only dip and have nothing eventually they will end up with something

mheaven

Master Member...
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
The two types that are common in reef tank is AEFW ( found on sps corals), and the red planaria flat worms ( not usually found on corals, rather on the glass/ rock and everywhere else).

The one you really don't want is the AEFW..... Don't get me wrong you don't really want either of the two, but if i had lots of corals and had to pick it would be the planaria.

You did mention it was on the sps correct. If so you may have AEFW. But If you don't think its the AEFW and it's the planaria. One sure way to know is look in your sump if you have one, look on the corners of the glass in your tank/ look at the bottom part of the glass in your tank.

If you see them there then it just may be planaria that you have. And in my opinion a lot easier to get rid of.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: