JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I wasn't sure which area would get more views and I figured not just the nano tank guys would wanna see my build...

It is the same color as the frag almost looks as if a piece is hanging off of the frag itself.

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I went to the LFS today in hopes of getting a goby but no dice nothing caught my eye.

I did however pick up some Kent chemicals to start dosing the tank with. I didn't plan on dosing the tank because after reading many people have healthy reef tanks without dosing but they have this "Part A and Part B" box that comes with 2 bottles now that looked interesting. For $10 you get both bottles and Part A contains calcium, magnesium, iron and "many other important elements." Part B contains an ionically ballanced buffer for Part A that increases alkalinity and maintains the pH.

I also picked up and Aquastik to take my frags off their plugs. They corals look amazing but I know once they are taken off the plugs and are flush with the rock they'll look that much better right now they look like they're are sitting on a pedastool on the live rock lol.

Any advice on taking them off the plugs? I heard soft corals will simply slide off but I'm nervous to do my first one.

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
so I was getting a good amount of diatom algae on the sand behind my live rock and on my live rock. stirred the sand the other day but it's back in full force today and it brought some bubbles this time...

I heard crabs will help but I'm afraid crabs will not play nice with my frags...any suggestions? The tank is on it's 5th week so the diatom algae is normal but I'm concerned about the bubbles I'm now seeing. I stole this picture from a fellow member who was having a similar problem.

attachment.php

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: