• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
would dosing 140ml a day seem about right... sorry for the blunt question but im looking for an average here... my corals are growing good but does the 140 ml of both parts seem on target for a tank with the amount of sps i have and growth...

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
tony if your dosing esv it would be 1 mll per 4 gallons of each. so if you have a 120 it should be 30ml each per day then i would check weekly to see if you have to up the dosage. depending on how much your corals are using up
would dosing 140ml a day seem about right... sorry for the blunt question but im looking for an average here... my corals are growing good but does the 140 ml of both parts seem on target for a tank with the amount of sps i have and growth...

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
true,but the biggest mistake people make with esv is that they check there levels and lets say there dkh is at 7.5 and there cal is at 400. they tend to dose more alk and less calcium to get the levels correct and it just makes it harder to balance your levels. I spoke with ESV and they stated to continued dosing equal part and in time it will balance it self.also don't forget to check mag because you will be lost with the levels if it's off,but then i know you know that tony :biggrin:
The proper way to do it would be to test your levels and dose accordingly. Not every system is the same. The dosing suggestions can't be applied to all systems. But I know you know that ;)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
yea i no guys... the only thing i couldnt get around to getting a magnesium salifert kit for a while so as it suggested ive been dosing. every 1 gallon of 2 part you go through u add half a gallon of magnesium i think, i forget... but i dunno was just making sure that it was in moderate range... ive been getting majority of growth recently :biggrin: i got to check alkalinity tonite and it was at 6.5 dkh... :eek: i was dosing at 15 which i raised up tonite to 20 which is converted to 140ml a day... im prob. gonna have to raise it up more soon.. im doing randys 2 part not esv...

another question is it possible that a sign of low nutrients can turn a green slimer a white color its not stn or rtn just the green glow is not there... the polyps are really neon green... thanks for your input and help guyz... just looked over the tank tonite and had a few questions...

just to give you an idea i feed about 2 pinches of food 3 times a day and its just omega flakes and sometimes freeze dried cyclopeeze thats it... i started feeding frozen mysis which i wash out with rodi (pain in the a$$) u think my skimmer is kicking that much a$$ in the tank and taking out all the nutrients, if so imma start feeding pappones again :biggrin:

Last edited:

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
T you of all people should know water quality and lighting are a big factor as to what color a coral turns and the same coral in a different persons tank could have a completely different color. I've seen people with 2 perfect setups and had the same coral turn 2 different color patterns, and they were both the slimers. Don't know much but i see things.

As per the Bionic, I'm adding 50ml of the stuff to my 90 gallons of water total volume. Well over 2x the recommended dose. If i dose less the alk and calk drop slightly. You gotto test and dose accordingly, i lost alot of SPS when i started hard coral because i wasn't testing and got low calc/alk. In my 40 gallon breeder i had set up i was dosing 30ml.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
T,

Likely the slimer is starving for dkh - hope you don't lose that coral.

One of the problems with not testing before and after dosing is that you don't account for coral growth and skelatal needs as well as coralaine on the walls and rock etc. As it grows, it's demand/need for the calcium carbonate increases - test often - even if the tank "looks good"

since everyone is saying it now - I know you know that already.

house

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
if you are having problems with a green slimer, you are in no way ready to use pappone. You already dosed pappone once long before your system was able to handle it, bashed pappone as a PO4 bomb, and now you want to do it again? What is your PO4 at? Don't tell me you are ruling out PO4 without testing it just because you think a BM is doing a good job.
I'm dosing 379 ml per day of Randy 2 part in 220 gallons of water. I got to this number by testing. Where did you get that info about dosing a half gallon of Mg? I don't even dose Mg anymore.
I know this thread isn't about pappone but:
Personally, I would not dose pappone if all I had was a BM. I also don't think your system is mature enough. And if you aren't going to test with top quality testing equipment, you are going to have problems and blame the pappone... when believe me, it's you.
but you already know that.:biglaugh:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
its a white color not clear. i no what your talking about. a friend of mine had that happen to him it was really wierd cause the coral was as you described but the polyps were all out and neon green.. this is like an offwhite color... when i gave him a frag of it was really green and it turned that clear bright white color in a matter of months..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: