akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I looked around and researched like crazy for new sand. I saw many threads where other people were looking as well.

I have to highly recommend tropic eden reefflakes. It looks amazing, is actually white, and it cleans really fast.

WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0
I just recently got some natures ocean reef white sand, out of all the sand this is by far the best I've had, it's super fine so I thought that it would be a problem with my mp40s kicking it up but the opposite has happened, I switched out my other sand cause it was creating sand storms and that sand was a little more coarse

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I just recently got some natures ocean reef white sand, out of all the sand this is by far the best I've had, it's super fine so I thought that it would be a problem with my mp40s kicking it up but the opposite has happened, I switched out my other sand cause it was creating sand storms and that sand was a little more coarse

Are you running your MP40s on reef crest mode?

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I saw the nature's ocean and was highly debating that. After getting the tropic eden though it looks much better. I haven't had it longterm, but even rinsing and cleaning it took only about an hour for all the crud to get out.

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I saw the nature's ocean and was highly debating that. After getting the tropic eden though it looks much better. I haven't had it longterm, but even rinsing and cleaning it took only about an hour for all the crud to get out.

Yeah for me the two best types of sand are Tropic eden, and second, CaribSea Aragonite. With both of these types, you can easily work around the sandbed without a sandstorm. The reason I took out my fine sand was mainly because when I wanted to clean the glass or move some corals around, the sand would go all over the place. With the CaribSea Aragonite or Reef Flakes, the grains are not too big or too small.

WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0

I switched for caribsea to the natures ocean and am really happy with it, I never seen the tropic eden

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: