gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hi All,
As you know I have 14 Gallon Oceanic display tank.
It actually no longer my first, so excuse the name.
First tank was a 10 Gallon setup (Live Sand, Live Rock, HOB filter, two Haitian anemones, Clown Fish, Damsel, whole load of Aiptasias), later the setup was upgraded with HOB Fuge. That didn't work and everything in it ended up dying. So the tank was sitting in the closet all this time.
My second tank was 12 Gallon Biocube DX. That setup was a re-start from the 10 Gallon one. It inherited the "dead" sand, "dead" rock and even some water, but no life forms. I loved the idea of everything in one box setup, but wanted to upgrade to a bigger volume.
So I got the Oceanic Biocube 14. This is the biggest size my stand can handle (or so I think). This tank got some new live sand and old "live" rock. You can view the history and current setup via the link above or in my signature.

So, now to the point: 10 Gallon came out of the closet today to become a frag tank. I'm doing it because I want to frag my corals and I hear alot about them spewing poison when being fragged. So I plan on moving those to be fragged into this tank, fragging & healing them there, then putting back into my display tank.

Current setup:

• 10 Gallon tank
  • AF2SM HOB Fuge
  • MaxiJet 600 pump used to pull the water through the fuge.
Need to add:

• Some light. (have 36 Wt (I think) dual lightstrip with nightlight that no one wanted - can use that.
Any other suggestions?

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Please clarify your comment

waste of time
Are you referring to the part of my post below?
"So, now to the point: 10 Gallon came out of the closet today to become a frag tank. I'm doing it because I want to frag my corals and I hear alot about them spewing poison when being fragged. So I plan on moving those to be fragged into this tank, fragging & healing them there, then putting back into my display tank."

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Why not keep the frags in the same tank? The "spewing poison" might be referring to the sliming up of corals after being cut, but that shouldn't be an big issue unless you're fragging either a ton of things, or cutting something huge like a carpet anemone... which doesn't seem like you can do either in such a small tank

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Are you referring to the part of my post below?
"So, now to the point: 10 Gallon came out of the closet today to become a frag tank. I'm doing it because I want to frag my corals and I hear alot about them spewing poison when being fragged. So I plan on moving those to be fragged into this tank, fragging & healing them there, then putting back into my display tank."

Yes

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: