Status
Not open for further replies.

NapoliNewJersey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A while back I traded a frag to an NJRC member for a $50 gift certificate for Fraggle reef that he won at the NJRC Frag Swap. I placed an order a few months back when it was very cold and Miguel from fraggle reef told me that they'd rather ship when the weather was nicer cause he didn't want me to lose my corals. He refunded my money and canceled the order. He told me to place another order when the weather was better.

The weather is nicer and I went to place my order and in the comments box i explained the situation and I figured he'd remember me. The cert. number was invalid. This was in March. I've sent him at least 5 emails, explaining the situation and he hasn't responded. I've sent him messages through his "contact us" on his website. Still no answer.

Needless to say I'm pretty PO by the situation and I decided to blast fraggle reef.
modify_inline.gif

NapoliNewJersey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the info.

I just called them. The girl on the phone said that their server doesn't always work quite right. Whatever that means. She took my number and told me someone would call me back....

we'll see what happens.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I dealt with Miguel before and he's a good person to do business with. I am pretty sure he will honor your gift certificate.

O

organism

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I'm very sorry to hear about your emails not arriving, I answer all emails within 24 hours, so if you don't hear from us by then then they definitely didn't make it. The same thing is listed in our FAQ actually, it's a rare but not entirely uncommon issue that happens on our sever for some reason.
As for your order in December, the main problem that we ran into was in your comments section in the order, that I have copy and pasted for you below.

"And is your site secure? Because if my credit info gets stolen I will
let everyone on every reef site know. Sorry for sounding like a prick."

Unfortunately, I am extremely hesitant to ship to anyone who wants to "let everyone on every reef site know" before they've even finalized their order, especially over a detail that could have been cleared up via email beforehand (our credit card server has the best encryption available). I have long ago learned that it is a very bad idea to ship to people that are quick to "blast" anyone on the internet, which as you've shown by your most recent email with "Just wanted to let you know i'll be blasting you on the internet" seems to be the case.

I'll be glad to have your gift certificate from us switched with another vendor's that has donated to your club, even if they have donated more that wouldn't be an issue, and we'd be more than willing to cover the difference if it is within reason. I actually contacted your reef club several times to see if this could be done before it got warmer since it was too cold to ship anyway, but there were some administration changes over there and things apparently got lost in the changeovers.
Once again, my very sincerest apologies that we were unable to fill your order.

I know that some people may understand where I'm coming from and that some may not, and I completely understand and respect that not everyone will share my point of view. This is unfortunately one of the more difficult decisions that I've made in the many years of running FR online.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
just a FYI about credit cards getting stolen, it won't necessarily be the website's fault. If you have a backdoor virus on your computer, it logs everything you type and can transmit the data to the virus sender.

If you're on wireless, you're also compromising your security because someone outside your house can be seeing everything you're doing online, even if you have a password setup, they just have to stay outside long enough and there are programs which need a certain amount of data which you send to decrypt the password because its simply an algorithm it follows.

You can also see if the website has https:// which means its encrypted. You can also check the encryption bit strength.

And lastly, you can get a credit card which provides virtual numbers which are valid for a 1 time use only and you set the limit each time (up to your total limit)
Thats all I can think of from the top of my head

NapoliNewJersey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So why were you avoiding my phone calls. I called twice today and the girl that answered the first time said you'd call me back. I called back 4 hours later and she said you were out at the store buying stuff for a bbq after putting me on hold for 5 min.... you still didn't call me back.

I emailed you 5 times in the last month so sorry if i'm a little hesitant to believe you didn't get them.

I used the "contact us" messager to send you messages on your site as well. I told you that if you chose to ignore me I would let everyone know how I was treated. I waited 5 weeks for you to respond.

Sometimes we have to go do childish things to get peoples attention. Now that I have your attention I'd like to place my order.

Unfortunately, I am extremely hesitant to ship to anyone who wants to "let everyone on every reef site know" before they've even finalized their order, especially over a detail that could have been cleared up via email beforehand (our credit card server has the best encryption available). I have long ago learned that it is a very bad idea to ship to people that are quick to "blast" anyone on the internet, which as you've shown by your most recent email with "Just wanted to let you know i'll be blasting you on the internet" seems to be the case.

Quick to blast anyone? I waited from December until May.... how is that in anyway quick?

I'm very sorry to hear about your emails not arriving, I answer all emails within 24 hours, so if you don't hear from us by then then they definitely didn't make it. The same thing is listed in our FAQ actually, it's a rare but not entirely uncommon issue that happens on our sever for some reason.

I sent 5 emails since March and from December to March I probably sent 5 more. So if it's so "rare" how did it happen to me at least ten times in 4 months (5 in the last month alone)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: