dickenscd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Free Items for LIRA Meeting Attendees General Guidance

To avoid the confusion to new attendees, I am summarizing the following general guidance for the raffle of free iitems.

A free raffle ticket will be given to each attendee (including members of each family) right after the seminar finishes by 9pm.

• The winning numbers will be drew and assigned with a sequence number starting from 1 to 30 depending on the number of available items. Each winner will be called and choose the prize by their sequence number.

• Each family will only be allowed to have one item even more than one sequence numbers are received.

• Items chosen will be for the use of your own tanks only, not for resale or gift to others. If you do not find any suitable item, please leave the opportunity to other winners who attend the meeting and need it.

• Sometimes more winning sequence numbers than the available items will be drew, winners of the higher sequence numbers such as 20 are not guaranteed to have the prize.

• I reserve the right to decide which item to be given basing on your tank, equipment, experience, and the need of other winners. You are welcome talking to me your personal need, even including the items not on the list, but found in my tanks and office.

• Those who do not win still can wait and talk to me your need until all the winners have picked their items, I will see what I can do, but again, no guarantee.
James

dickenscd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Frag Swaps and LIRA Meeting Tonight, Friday 8pm

In addition to the free items for the raffle winners, there is an auction for many corals donated by the members. You are also welcome bringing your corals or equipments to trade with attendees.

dickenscd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I get out of work at 5PM (I work around the corner). Is any one else going to be around? I don't want to hang out for 3 hours alone.

Bennigans any one?

Lots of good restaurants are nearby. The meeting room is availalbe anytime after 5:30pm with the (cheap) free food all you can eat. We also have coral reef special films for you to watch, and computer for one-line surfing, and I am always availble for you to talk to if nothing else interests you.

James

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Lots of good restaurants are nearby. The meeting room is availalbe anytime after 5:30pm with the (cheap) free food all you can eat. We also have coral reef special films for you to watch, and computer for one-line surfing, and I am always availble for you to talk to if nothing else interests you.

James

James your are too kind!
I have already gone home for the night. I will take you up on your offer next month. Thanks again!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
ohhh Keith, you missed a heck of a meeting!

Special thanks to James for being such a gracious host for the festivities. While I've been a LIRA member for quite sometime, I haven't managed to get out to one of their meetings prior to tonight. ...:banghead:
I won't be making that mistake again!

Nice to see such a large group of reefers getting together on LI. The presentation on Antartica was wonderful and the auction (led by Joe Y from Atlantis Marine World) was very lively!

Very nice to see some old friends once again and to meet many new ones.

LIRA will be hosting NERAC out at Atlantis Marine World at the end of March. I'll get a link to that info and put a post up here in the very near future. Sure to be fun! It's been changed to a single day event that will be full of activities and presentations and will be capped by dinner in front of the reef tank :spin: (added charge for that, but IMO ...well worth it!)

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i went..i forgot to pick up my free coral :irked: .i was a great time and i will be joining the club for the next meeting..i donated 2 polp whammon watermelon and blue tipped mushroom and i won 2 nice frags.orange cap and colt coral..thanks james it was pretty cool.

Last edited:

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
LIRA will be hosting NERAC out at Atlantis Marine World at the end of March. I'll get a link to that info and put a post up here in the very near future. Sure to be fun! It's been changed to a single day event that will be full of activities and presentations and will be capped by dinner in front of the reef tank :spin: (added charge for that, but IMO ...well worth it!)

Hi Kathy,

Pleasure meeting you last night, details on the NERAC conference can be found at http://www.longislandreef.org/NERAC4.html.
Quick version is Saturday March 21st, cost is $30 for the conference and $50 for the dinner.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: