• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Pop Corals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
188   0   0
As some of you already know we have some great frag racks in the store but we are always striving to improve. We need your help to design some new racks. If we choose your design you will win a free rack!

Please post your designs, ideas and/or sketches...

fragrack1_zps12fe6678.jpg

Last edited:

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
yeah, somebody design a frag rack that protects my smaller frags from having their food robbed by the fish and shrimp!
-but still lets in some circulation and light of course....

ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Maybe a frag rack with sides and a top that are made into a waffle shape with holes in it so flow and light get in but not fish
Anyone get what I am saying? It's like a frag rack cube with a removable top to put in frags

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
That's pretty much what I'm saying. Sometimes I'll get only get a few polyps of something and it'll take the acan or favia or whatever a little while to completely close up around it I tend to over feed my tank sometimes because the fish steal it

ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My theory was that it would encrust sideways while still having the top facing the light which is how it would grow on the side of a rock or the side of a tank but if anyone has actual experience with this and knows otherwise please let us know.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
yeah, somebody design a frag rack that protects my smaller frags from having their food robbed by the fish and shrimp!
-but still lets in some circulation and light of course....

The cover would have to be thin grate in case coralline algae decides to accumulate on it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: