los kados

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey all, I have a frozen food question. I?ve been in the hobby for about 4 years now and have fed just about every type of food for the different tanks I?ve owned (frozen, freeze dried, flakes, pellets, live etc..) Just curious about what you all feed or what you recommend I feed.

I mainly feed frozen and alternate the following: PE Mysis, 50/50 (Brine/Blood) cubes and Omega One algae pellets. I stopped feeding flakes just recently after 4 years since the fish are now bigger and the flakes get messy and a lot gets wasted down the overflow.

Here is my stock list
Imperator, Bellus Angel, Harlequin Tusk, Humuhumu Trigger, Blue Dotted Puffer, Foxface, Auriga Butterfly, Yellow Tang

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Good to Chinatown's fish markets they have all the goodies and cheap. Why pay $7 for a pack while you can get the whole box for the same price..

los kados

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks all for the info!! I'm definitely going to try to make some of my own food as suggested as well. My picasso trigger will love that as will the Harlequin.

Awibrandy, I basically do the same as you. Alternate frozen and pellets every other day and algae sheet 3 times a week for the Angels & Yellow Tang. It lasts about 2 mins in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: