• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
So I just get my new 40b all set up and am running my new wavepoint t5 lights and all of a sudden - fizzle. The light goes off and I can hear the electricity dying away in the fixture. Now I have a tank full of SPS and other stuff and no light heading into the weekend. Awesome.

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
So, if anyone knows how to get a new ballast for a wavepoint unit, let me know. I emailed their customer email but no response yet.

SaltyFlip

Percula Agent
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know the feeling. It happened to me 8 months back. took almost 2 weeks for the ballast to arrive so I had to use natural light. Good luck and hope you don't have any die-off's.

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I guess i'm going to have to put all the coral into a spare 5g I have and run my 18" T5 light over it (just actinics) and hope things don't bite the dust.

And thanks Salty. Me neither.

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Thanks man - I have no clue how to figure that out, lol. I'm a total noob with electrical stuff. If anyone knows, I'd really appreciate the help.

also, my temp solution, lol.

952917546_iTk2f-L.jpg

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yup, the Workhorse 7 will fire up the four 39 watt bulbs. Just note that the Workhorse ballast does not come with that pin connector to connect directly to your light fixture. I imagine you would have to buy the pin connector separately and wire it to the ballast.

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I would not know where to fins that connector. I would bring the ballast and a picture of the connector to a lighting store and see if they could help you. Hell, even Home Depot or Lowes may help you ( proably not but worth a shot). Otherwise, cutting the wires and connecting them with wire nuts is an option.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: