spdntckt

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all -

Wondering what the prevailing thoughts are for placement and feeding of a short-tentacle fungia coral. This guy has been in the tank for a few days, looks fine, but havent seen him eat (mix of brine shrimp and formula 2). Tentacles are out (see pic) and waving - seems happy otherwise (he seems to like it better on top of a smooth rock than on the sand). How much do they usually expand? This guy seems to get about 1/4" larger all around when fully open under the lights.... Thanks for your thoughts!

fe51c5c1.jpg.orig.jpg

KenH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You specimen is expanding fine. They normally live on the substrate, but a flat rock is probably fine. You can feed them in the evening or at night with brine shrimp when their tentacles are fully extended, but they don't really have to be target fed as long as they are under fairly good lighting. They will normally snag a few scraps here and there. From the color of the mouth, this specimen may start to take on a nice pink color if your lighting is fairly intense.

--- Ken

spdntckt

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ken - Thanks for your comments!
Today I did notice that he 'caught' a few brine shrimp and managed to shovel them into his mouth.. So i'm feeling a bit better. I have him under some MH lighting and am hoping your prediction of a color change comes true! That'll be a nice touch!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: